I’ll admit to being a Rick Steves fan – that might lose me some “travel cred” with the backpacking crowd, but I find Rick’s approach to travel really refreshing. It’s not about telling you what you “have to do” or judging you for the way you choose to travel. It’s just about getting people out there to see the world, which I consider to be a worthy goal no matter how one chooses to do that seeing.
At any rate, Rick’s gotten into the blogging thing lately, and he had a whole series of entries on Italy a couple of months ago. Here are links to each one for your reading enjoyment.
- Machismo with Good Taste in Rome
- If Paris is a Formal Garden, Rome is a Fertile Forest
- Praying for Longer Vatican Museum Hours…
- Rome: The Cook is in the Chicken
- Assisi: Flames, Forks, and Franciscan Frairs
- Medici Fantasies Like You Can’t Imagine…
- Robert De Niro’s Voice Has Died (an interesting tidbit about the dubbing business in films)
- Stars Not Crossed in Today’s Verona
- Kraut in Italy’s Alps
- Bewitched by Europe
- It’s the Ingredients, Stupid
- In Italy, God Is a DJ
- Making the Beggar Laugh
- Doctor, Doctor, You’re Still Just an A-Hole.
- Ciao Venezia, Ciao, Ciao, Ciao
Photo by: Auburn University