Traveling for free is one of those dreams we never think will come true, but you know – it has to come true for someone. So you should enter the Lonely Planet/Borders contest to win a trip for two to Italy.
Think about it – all you need to do to enter is to tell them in 25 words or less why you want to go to Italy. No matter how busy you are, you can scrounge up the time to write 25 words about Italy. No matter how illiterate you are, you can piece together 25 words into sentences. And yeah, it’ll be close to impossible to limit yourself to 25 words… And it’s kind of a crazy entry requirement which could end up frustrating most people who try to do it… But I come back to my point – someone has to win this. Someone’s 25-word “essay” (and I use that term loosely here) will win. So why shouldn’t it be yours?
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
You have to have your 25-word masterpiece in by September 24, so you’ve got about a month here to craft your entry to perfection. And here’s all the booty that’ll be on its way to one lucky winner at the end of the whole thing:
- Gift card for $2020 to put towards American Airlines airfares to Italy
- $500 voucher from Haystack, Lonely Planet’s online accommodation booking service, to put towards accommodation in Italy
- Eagle Creek ORV trunk and Back Office ES luggage set
- $400 Viator gift certificate for Italian tours and activities
- 8×10 or 10×8 hardcover Blurb book of up to 120 pages
- Suite of Lonely Planet Italy guidebooks and phrasebooks
And if you are too hopeless to string 25 words together – or you need a little inspiration (or a good giggle) – here are a few entry ideas from Travelistic.
In bocca al lupo! (And if you win, please take me. I’m a great travel companion, I promise.)
Photo by: Merijn Geurts